I just found a SD-616F DVD drives, that is zoned.
I want to Flash it so as to make it region-free.
In the Samsung Firmware page, there are 3 different models:http://etna.rpc1.org/samsung/index.html
"COM", "FSC" and "HDP". english is not my mother tongue, so I don't understand what "COM", "FSC", "HDP", "MTK" mean...
I don't know how to get the good firmware for my DVD drive, and cann't run Windows tool to get the exact model, since I run GNU/Linux.
What is the good firmware for this drive?
All informations I got:
- it is SD-616F as says the BIOS.
- it doesn't burn DVD, just read them.
- it reads both CD-ROM and DVD-ROM.
- there is no mention of speeds on it.
- it's "FCC ID" is "A3LSD616", if it helps.
- "regionset" sees it as RPC-2, so it needs a RPC-1 firmware.
I cann't tell from wich OEM manufacturer it comes, since it was alone in a dust bin..
Thanks for help.
Edit: is "Freedos" enough good to use flashing tools made for MS-DOS?