At last, DVRFlash has been ported to MacOS X.
With this tool, PIONEER DVR-104, 105, 106 & 107 can have their firmware updated. No need to plug the drive in a PC!
IDE/ATAPI, USB, USB2 and FireWire drives can be updated.
All I did is port DVRFlash to OSX, and gather firmware patched by others. Thanks go to: Agent Smith, >NIL:, Gradius
and all the guys from rpc1.org
for their invaluable help!
Thank you to the Mac&Video
team for testing and helping!
Before you use them, a few words:
* USE AT YOUR OWN RISK.
* These firmwares are not endorsed by PIONEER.
* Except for the DVR-104, there is NO WAY to return your drive to an Apple approved firmware.
* Modifying your drive's firmware will void its warranty.
* Proper burn of non approved media is not guaranteed!
* Only for PIONEER DVR-104,105,106,107. NO OTHER DRIVES. [Edit by dhc014: DVR-K12 drives should also be supported]
* Don't feed the animals.
You can find ready-to-use kits at http://www.macetvideo.com/flashpioneerosx/flashpioneerosx.html
This page is in french but download links are sooo easy to find
After downloading, just double click on the PIONEER DVR-10x Updater icon and follow instructions.
Also see LasVegas' step-by-step guide
for using DVRFlash on a Mac manually.