The Firmware Page

It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:15 pm

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 1:17 am 

I don't know if this is the right place to ask for this information but here goes any way. I need a firmware update for a Sharp VCR/DVD Recorder Combination. The model number is DV-RW340U. I want to transfer over one thousand VHS movies to DVDs. These movies are all of the old sci-fi and horror classics from the 1950s to the late 1970s. I have contacted Sharp and they told me that they did not have nor were they going to make a firmware update. The DVD recorder will only use DVD-R 1X-4X disks and they are getting hard to find. I have tried some of the off brands disks and they do not work at all in this recorder. If I could use 8X disks I would not have this problem. Any help you can give me would be appreciated. Thank you very much.

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 8:55 am 
Administrator
Administrator

The Request Section is for "Here you can request new/old firmware for PC Optical Drives." Not Standalones, not mp4 players, not mobiles etc.etc.

I doubt that you can find any firmware update for such an device.
If you insist, you could unplug the opticaldrive and connect it within an computer, run Discinfo over it and post that info here. That would be a start...

I am looking for DVD-R for Authoring DVD-R (A) & HD-DVD media, any size, any brand. Please pm me if you can help. \:D/

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 10:53 pm 

Thank you for the information. It was worth a try. I paid over $500 for this recorder only to find out now that it is useless for my needs.

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 12:18 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Maybe you could find some 4x or 8x rated DVD

I am looking for DVD-R for Authoring DVD-R (A) & HD-DVD media, any size, any brand. Please pm me if you can help. \:D/

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 3:22 pm 
Posting Wizard

@ WOLFMANN,

Welcome to the Forum.

From looking at the DV-RW340U Operation Manual .PDF file it appears that the

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 9:40 pm 

I'm glad to be here. Thank you very much for the information, Coaster. This will go along way to help me solve my problem. The reason that I want to stick with this recorder is that it will let me copy pre-recorded VHS tapes and the other recorders will not let me do that. I was one of the lucky ones to get one of these before Sharp found out people could record copyguarded VHS tapes on their recorders. They have since then changed the design to stop this practice. I own all the VHS tapes that I want to transfer to DVD.

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2007 11:49 pm 
Posting Wizard

@ WOLFMANN,

Replacing the existing the