The Firmware Page

It is currently Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:54 pm

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 4:44 pm 
Rookie

I have Toshiba Satellite A135-s2386 with optical drive Matshita UJ-850S.I can burn to DVD but cannot read that DVD after burning other burned DVD.Before I did not update firmware and now it's firmware is 1.90.How can I fix this problem? Thanks.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 4:59 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

these drives a very fussy about media, what software are you using and also the media id, you can use dvdinfo for the media

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 5:39 pm 
Rookie

I am using nero 8 and maxell DVD+R.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 6:07 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Parahat wrote:
I am using nero 8 and maxell DVD+R.

but better media, maxell are not goood for this drive

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 7:51 pm 

hi
my matshita uj-850s dvd rom couldnt read cd and dvd
each disk i insert will be shown as blanked disk!!!
what should i do??????
help plzzzzzzzzzz

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 11:23 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

mohammad_m_kh2 wrote:
hi
what should i do??????
help plzzzzzzzzzz

what operating system? is it every disc?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 10:33 am 
Rookie

It can read written disks rarely not never. And which media I must use?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 1:37 pm 
Posting Wizard

@ Parahat,

Panasonic/Matsushita/Matshita drives have a well-documented history of being extremely “Media” picky. Panasonic/Matsushita/Matshita drives require the use of high quality top of the line Media. The use of lesser grade Media will only prove to be problematic.

Suggest only using known proven high quality top of the line Media such as Taiyo Yuden or Verbatim Media which consistently produces quality error free results.

Regards,
Coaster

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 9:33 pm 

Parahat wrote:
I have Toshiba Satellite A135-s2386 with optical drive Matshita UJ-850S.I can burn to DVD but cannot read that DVD after burning other burned DVD.Before I did not update firmware and now it's firmware is 1.90.How can I fix this problem? Thanks.

where have you found that 1.90 firmware?
and isn't your laptop supposed to mount a Toshiba TSST? (http://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/tais ... docs=false) or is it the same?

I have a lot of problems with this drive, i was working fine with Vista, burned a lot of XBOX stuff, then I passed to Ubuntu, i wasted 4 DVDs on 5 (damn expensive Verbatim), so I tried winXP, no way, finally I reinstalled Vista but I already wasted another :\
Last resort is new FW, which apparently doesn't exist :(

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:58 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

evil wrote:
Parahat wrote:

where have you found that 1.90 firmware?
and isn't your laptop supposed to mount a Toshiba TSST? (http://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/tais ... docs=false) or is it the same?

I have a lot of problems with this drive, i was working fine with Vista, burned a lot of XBOX stuff, then I passed to Ubuntu, i wasted 4 DVDs on 5 (damn expensive Verbatim), so I tried winXP, no way, finally I reinstalled Vista but I already wasted another :\
Last resort is new FW, which apparently doesn't exist :(

If you have that many xbox games, it should be easy to invest into proven media like Verbatim aswell..........

I am looking for DVD-R for Authoring DVD-R (A) & HD-DVD media, any size, any brand. Please pm me if you can help. \:D/

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:09 pm 

let me say that that answer is not nice nor useful.

many games FOR ME are about 10, and since I am not "rich", I can't afford a good enough TV right now (I invested on the XBOX). I also found out that makes no sense to play many of them (e.g., on this TV I can't read Mass Effect written stuff, that is pretty much the taste of the game).

anyway I always and only bought Verbatim (as I wrote), and wasting 4 on 5 is not funny for anyone, even only for the time and patience lost.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 11:05 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

evil wrote:
let me say that that answer is not nice nor useful.

many games FOR ME are about 10, and since I am not "rich", I can't afford a good enough TV right now (I invested on the XBOX). I also found out that makes no sense to play many of them (e.g., on this TV I can't read Mass Effect written stuff, that is pretty much the taste of the game).

anyway I always and only bought Verbatim (as I wrote), and wasting 4 on 5 is not funny for anyone, even only for the time and patience lost.

we do not give advice and help anyway for xbox copying

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 11:13 pm 
Posting Wizard

@ evil,

You have previously stated that when using the Vista OS that you “burned a lot of XBOX stuff” apparently with no difficulties. You then state you switched to Ubuntu OS and then to WinXP OS and had experienced Matshita UJ-850S Xbox Burning difficulties with these two different Operating Systems. After experiencing difficulty with the Ubuntu OS and WinXP OS you switched back to the Vista OS. Now after switching back to the Vista OS which you state was previously Matshita UJ-850S Xbox Burning correctly you are complaining that your Matshita UJ-850S fails to Burn Xbox correctly and you now need new Matshita UJ-850S Firmware. Perhaps now is the time to inform you that switching between Operating Systems doesn’t somehow ‘contaminate’ DVD Burner Firmware. If in fact you Matshita UJ-850S previously worked correctly with the Vista OS it will work correctly when the Vista OS is re-installed.

Explain in detail EXACTLY why your Matshita UJ-850S mysteriously now needs new Firmware when your Matshita UJ-850S was previously burning Xbox correctly with the Vista OS.

Regards,
Coaster

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 5:44 pm 

i would try a new firmware because i finished all the options to "restore" the initial working environment.
- i am using the same Verbatim supports, so it shouldn't be the problem
- i changed 3 OS and and many different burning SW but the same problem happens

so, unless i had a particular component installed on the initial Vista which prevented this recurrent error (no idea what it could be), i have only the FW change left to try (unless there are other suggestions).

also, i am not asking help to burn xbox games, i am asking help to find out a problem regarding DVD DL burning, and now that i think about, i also ruined many audio CDs since i removed Vista for the first time, therefore i suspect it affects all kind of burning.

does Vista use a mechanism to damage DVD drives when it's formatted? :)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 5:50 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

reinstalling an operating system cannot damage an optical drive

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:21 pm 
Posting Wizard

@ evil,

Once again if in fact your Matshita UJ-850S previously worked correctly with the Vista Operating System it will work correctly when the Vista Operating System is correctly re-installed. Your problem is NOT a Firmware problem.

It is totally absurd to imply that Microsoft employs a ‘mechanism’ to damage CD/DVD devices when a Microsoft Operating System is re-installed or a HardDrive is reformatted.

From your absurd “Vista use a mechanism to damage DVD drives” statement it is clearly evident that correctly operating a Computer is beyond your expertise.

Your problem is most certainly user-induced error. It is definitely time to bring your computer to a Professional Computer Technician.

Regards,
Coaster

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:33 pm 

sorry guys you didn't get my joke about such mechanism.
i have not a deep technical expertise on optical devices and that's why i am asking for support to you experts.

for the rest, i know some Professional Computer Technician that came to me to ask for help when they couldn't solve some problem, but anyway mentioning my skill is not the focus here, just take it for a fact that i am able to handle my OSs, but i am human and if it happens something that i never experienced with no easy solution on Google, i could be lost as anyone else :)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 7:07 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

That's only fair, but I also havent identified your sentence as joke in the first place.

I am looking for DVD-R for Authoring DVD-R (A) & HD-DVD media, any size, any brand. Please pm me if you can help. \:D/

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 6:34 pm 

Puma wrote:
mohammad_m_kh2 wrote:
hi
what should i do??????
help plzzzzzzzzzz

what operating system? is it every disc?

my OS is vista HomeP!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:56 am 
Administrator
Administrator

vista home premium is pretty solid in my view