The Firmware Page

It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 4:55 am

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:31 pm 
Rookie

If I understand the request rules, I am supposed to put the output and any screenshots for a firmware request.

It is currently RPC II region locked (as I guess most of you already know or can surmise). I already tried DVD Region Killer and AnyDVD HD (but I am to understand for these to work that the drive already has to be region free or rpc I).

This model is the one that sells on Amazon (http://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-UJ240-Blu-ray-Burner-DVD%C2%B1RW/dp/B003AXW2YQ/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top).

It is being used as a replacement in an ASUS N53SV laptop with 16gb memory, 2.2ghz processor, nVideo gt540m/intel hd 3000 video chipsets running windows 7x64sp1.

Here is the DiscInfo 1.61 output:

DISCINFO VERSION : 1.6.1.6
VENDOR : MATSHITA
MODEL : BD-MLT UJ240AS
REVISION : 1.04
VENDOR SPECIFIC : 10051000
LOADING MECHANISM : Tray
SERIAL NUMBER : WK37
NUMBER VOL. LEVELS : 256
BUFFER SIZE : 2048KB
INTERFACE : ATAPI
RPC2 SCHEME : YES
USER CHANGES : 3
VENDOR CHANGES : 4
CURRENT REGION : 1
ANALOG AUDIO PLAY : YES
COMPOSITE OUTPUT : NO
DIGITAL PORT-PORT1 : NO
DIGITAL PORT-PORT2 : NO
READ UPC CODE : YES
MULTISESSION READ : YES
MODE 2 FORM 1 : YES
MODE 2 FORM 2 : YES
READ ISRC CODE : YES
READ BAR CODE : YES
BUFFER UNDER-RUN : YES
MT. RAINIER : NO
CAN READ CDR : YES
CAN READ CDRW : YES
CAN READ CDRM2 : YES
CAN WRITE CDR : YES
CAN WRITE CDRW : YES
CAN TEST WRITE : YES
CAN READ DVD-ROM : YES
CAN READ DVD-R : YES
CAN READ DVD-RW : YES
CAN READ DVD-RAM : YES
CAN READ DVD+R : YES
CAN READ DVD+RW : YES
CAN WRITE DVD-R : YES
CAN WRITE DVD-RW : YES
CAN WRITE DVD-RAM : YES
CAN WRITE DVD+R : YES
CAN WRITE DVD+RW : YES
MAX CDR READ SPEED : 63
MAX CDR WRITE SPEED: 63

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:47 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Just forget it.

BD drives is a no go, and that counts for Matshita even more.

I am looking for DVD-R for Authoring DVD-R (A) & HD-DVD media, any size, any brand. Please pm me if you can help. \:D/

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:53 pm 
Rookie

Chef:

Are there any internal or external blu-ray burners/players which can be made region-free/rpc1?

Thanks.
James

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:14 am 
Administrator
Administrator

AnyDVDHD is a good option for almost any BD drive, except those from Matshita/Panasonic/Matsushita.

I am looking for DVD-R for Authoring DVD-R (A) & HD-DVD media, any size, any brand. Please pm me if you can help. \:D/

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:32 pm 
Rookie

Okay, I had read something to that affect on another site. So, I will look for an external burner/player (or another internal model that is not a matshita based drive). Thanks.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:43 pm 

Hi - I've got the same drive - came in my laptop - can you provide or point me at any more info on why this drive is particularly bad/difficult to hack or why it wont work with AnyDVD HD. Any DVD seems to work with DVDs.... Thanks a lot

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:26 am 
Master Poster

As I have many of these drives I tested the following with AnyDVDHD:

UJ-220, UJ-230, UJ235, UJ-240, UJ260

All them worked without fault on three different laptops, one of which was a mac running windows 7, one a HP running windows vista, and a new Sony running Windows 7. I was unable to fault them. Each of them successfully ripped various region Blurays, and each of them successfully burned those images to BD-R/BD-RE, and each of them able to playback any region using standard playback software.

Why anyone would say MATSHITA/Panasonic drives wont work with AnyDVDHD escapes me, and this information IMHO is incorrect. I have never had an issue with these and other drives. If they dont work on a particular laptop then it maybe an issue with that laptop or its installation, but not with the brand or drive.

NicW

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:10 am 
Administrator
Administrator

nicw wrote:
As I have many of these drives I tested the following with AnyDVDHD:

UJ-220, UJ-230, UJ235, UJ-240, UJ260

All them worked without fault on three different laptops, one of which was a mac running windows 7, one a HP running windows vista, and a new Sony running Windows 7. I was unable to fault them. Each of them successfully ripped various region Blurays, and each of them successfully burned those images to BD-R/BD-RE, and each of them able to playback any region using standard playback software.

Why anyone would say MATSHITA/Panasonic drives wont work with AnyDVDHD escapes me, and this information IMHO is incorrect. I have never had an issue with these and other drives. If they dont work on a particular laptop then it maybe an issue with that laptop or its installation, but not with the brand or drive.

NicW

That are only 4 drives out of hundreds!! Don't yoiu think our community has experience with their drives over the last 10+ years?!!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:50 pm 

Thanks for the replies guys - I appreciate you posting your personal experiences nicw - chef I'm a little surprised at your tone for a moderator...nicw at least detailed the reason for his opinion. It's fine for you to say they are rubbish and they probably are - i'm no fan boy, but was hoping you might post some specifics as you seem pretty sure there are issues with these Matshita BD drives...

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:33 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Have you tried to read other posts in this forum concerning these drives?

And especially the Matshita thread / FAQ at first state?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:51 pm 

Will check them out - thanks chef

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:20 pm 

For anyone else stumbling across this thread I gather (stealing a quote from another thread) these drives have the region lock stored separately to the firmware in non-flashable chips which is why they can be impossible to unlock using normal firmware editing methods. Also they are more restrictive than other drives in the information they make available from the disc when the region code doesn't match. So sounds like you cant flash them to RPC-1 firmware (hardware region free) and you can't work around it easily in the software either.

The relevant link on here: http://forum.rpc1.org/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=34750
A good description here: http://club.myce.com/f88/matshita-uj-812-a-101267/#post637240.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:35 am 

Need HELP PLEASE !

Matshita BD-MLT UJ260B
Driver atual 6.3.9431.0
Firmware 1.6

I've bought a Toshiba Satellite Notebook on Dec-2012 and my Blu-Ray burner never worked. 95% of the times, I get an recording error right on the beggining of the burning process. I tried many CD/DVD/Blu-Ray brands and qualities.

Tried calling toshiba once but I've bought in US and moved to Brazil, I have no warranty here.

Is there any new firmware???

I'm using Windows 8 PRO (in fact I'm using the Windows 8.1 Preview, but the problem is here much before the upgrade.

Yes, I've tried uninstalling Toshiba Disc Creator.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:59 am 
Administrator
Administrator

cauzion wrote:
Need HELP PLEASE !

Matshita BD-MLT UJ260B
Driver atual 6.3.9431.0
Firmware 1.6

I've bought a Toshiba Satellite Notebook on Dec-2012 and my Blu-Ray burner never worked.

...lame of you not bothering the seller!!!
Get reliable media and try again!